First is a Mental Health First Aid Training (MHFA). MHFA is a key component to understanding and responding to individuals experiencing a mental health problem or crisis.
· Complete the MHFA training on only ONE of the following dates (March 30th, May 4, or June 8), and you will be eligible for the next exclusive training at a significant discount!
The American Association of Suicidology (AAS) provides Accreditation in School Suicide Prevention. The self-guided program provides in-depth training in prevention, intervention and postvention from the leading organization of suicide research and certification.
· The program has been cost-prohibitive for many school professionals in the past ($350 per individual).
· Through the generosity of Philhaven, we are able to provide the AAS certificate at a 20% discount ($280)
· The first 23 registrants will receive an additional 50% off ($140). (Those who receive the additional 50% will receive an email confirmation).
· (Some districts are still entitled to receive a training for free, please inquire with your supervisor to see if the full scholarship has been claimed).
These training should provide ample resources in preparation for the enactment of the Suicide Awareness and Prevention Law, beginning next year (2015-2016); in addition to enhancing our daily practice.
Again, you need only attend ONE of the MHFA trainings to receive enrollment into the discounted AAS School Suicide Prevention Accreditation. Please complete the registration form below, as soon as possible. The MHFA dates have been provided for your convenience, but space on each date for the MHFA training is limited. Please bring checks for payment on the day of your training.
A big thank you to Philhaven for their generosity and continued support of community.
Details for registration were included in an email to members on February 22nd, 2015. If you are interested in becoming a member of LCSCA and registering for this event, please email Lori.Casanova@conestogavalley.org